1. PS. When you get your waterproof camera, make sure to give it more TLC than you do with a normal camera.
2. If you’re traveling make sure to bring a small bottle of water with you to rinse it off right after your surf session.
3. Let it air dry for about 20 to 30 minutes and then wipe it clean with a soft cloth. (I recommend a yellow micro-cloth that you can purchase at Costco (way cheaper) or at most auto-part stores.)
4. Open the battery compartment and dry off the small bead of water around where the rubber seal rests on.
5. Cover the battery compartment with your thumb while you blow out any remaining water trapped under the rubber seal (between the rubber and the lid)
6. Pull out the battery and SD card and inspect for any water. If you find a little bit don’t panic, push the corner of you cloth down into the battery and SD compartment to dry out inside or use an ear swab. Then place your camera with the battery compartment open in your sock draw for about 24 hours. That is the driest part of your house because of its small closed compartment with all the cotton socks absorbing any moisture. You should be good to go after that.
7. If you ever have any questions please feel free to give me a call or come back to this surf community forum for tips at the www.SurferShot.com home page.
8. This should keep your camera in good shape for a very long time.

Also, turn off the smile and eye blink detection or the camera might pause until your surfer smiles. They should be smiling anyways – after all they're surfing and getting their picture taken!
It’s a great feature at Christmas time though when you’ve got the whole family posing together. Say cheese!

Lumix has a short video for taking care of their waterproof camera but this will work of other brands too.

You need to be a member of this Surf Community to add comments!

Join Surf Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –